MRI RF Coil Design Engineer
InkSpace Imaging is an award-winning medical device manufacturer specializing in creating lightweight and flexible MRI receive coils for Diagnostic Imaging and Multi-modality systems. Their body arrays allow radiologists to customize MRI experiences for individual patients that improve treatment outcomes and enhance patient-centered care. The breakthroughs led by InkSpace Imaging are setting new standards in radiology, making them a leader in the field.
We are seeking an MRI RF Coil Design Engineer to join our team at our electronics manufacturing facility in Pleasanton in the Eastern San Francisco Bay area.
In this role, a successful applicant will:
• Design, develop, and test RF circuitry for novel flexible MRI receive coils.
• Implement new amplifier, PCB layout, and resonant component designs to meet safety and imaging
• Ensure design compliance with federal and international safety standards for medical devices
(ANSI 60601-1, IEC 60601-2-33, and ISO 10993-5/10).
An applicant must have:
• The ability to analyze circuits from schematics and understand the design relationship between
schematic and printed circuit board (PCB).
• Strong understanding of the fundamental principles of electromagnetic fields and/or antennas,
including transmission line theory. Knowledge of EM behavior at RF (radio frequency) is a plus.
• Understanding of electronics and electronics design at a component level.
• Familiarity with circuit board design software and electromagnetic simulation software
• Experience with computation software such as MATLAB, MathWorks, Python, etc.
• Familiarity with RF lab equipment (oscilloscope, power supply, network analyzer, noise figure
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
• Familiarity with flexible PCB design.
• Substantial experience with general PCB design tools and methods.
• Experience in the design and development of RF circuits for medical devices. MR-specific RF
design is preferred, but not required.
• Electro-mechanical design experience, especially design for anatomical compliance or related
• Wireless design experience.
• Quality Management systems that are 21 CFR PART 820 compliant.
• Experience in highly regulated design environments, with emphasis on FDA.
• BS or greater in electrical engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree strongly
• The ability to work majority on-site.
• Demonstrated ability to execute design tasks in a team environment.
• Eligibility to work in the U.S.
Inkspace Imaging offers a terrific work environment, professional development, and competitive
compensation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
InkSpace Imaging only employs those legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of
employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen, past employment
verification, and other applicable tests as required for the position. Unless expressly stated, relocation assistance is not provided.